- Bachelor of Civil Engineering required; associate degree in construction, electrical or mechanical engineering
- Five (5) years of facilities maintenance building project experience.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of ISO 14001 and K3
- Have ability to mentor, counseling, and coaching the team
- Implements and participates in the preventive maintenance program; oversees and performs regularly scheduled inspections, maintenance and minor repairs of ventilation and air conditioning , plumbing, electrical, roofing and structural systems; identifies maintenance and repair requirements; documents condition and estimates project time and materials.
- Responds to routine and emergency maintenance and repair service requests; prioritizes and coordinates work orders; assigns work to maintenance personnel and/or contractors; serves as liaison with customers, contractors and suppliers; inspects completed work and resolves complaints.
- Oversees the performance of janitorial, landscape, elevator maintenance, fire and life safety equipment maintenance and laundry service contractors; requisitions and inventories supplies and materials.
- Develops specifications and time and material cost estimates for proposed remodeling projects; assists in development of construction plans; completes and submits building permit applications; requests and evaluates contractor quotations.
- Completes and files service records for building systems and fixtures; assists building inspectors, fire marshals and insurance agents during inspection visits; coordinates various support services, special events and meeting room arrangements; prepares related reports and correspondence.
- Plans, coordinates and reviews the work of building maintenance staff, service contractors, temporary employees, community service workers and/or jail trustees; assigns staff to work projects; assists in evaluating employee performance; reviews time cards and completes payroll records.
- Assists in budget preparation and administration; prepares cost analyses and makes recommendations on the purchase of machinery, equipment, parts, supplies and materials; monitors and controls expenditures.
- Coordinating with architects and contractors to ensure that building plans meet fire safety codes and other regulations
- Conducting regular inspections of facilities to identify potential hazards and take action to prevent accidents or damage
- Ensuring that all facility maintenance staff are properly trained and equipped with the tools they need to do their jobs effectively